This one week Sikkim tour plan is your perfect introduction to this side of the North East. This 6 night 7 day Sikkim tour package starts from Gangtok, one of the most beautiful capital cities in North East India. It then takes you to some of the best places to see in Sikkim such as Lachung, Pelling, Tsomgo lake, among others, making it one of the best north east India tour. All this, in one of the best times to visit Sikkim, just before and after the monsoons. Come join us for this wonderful 7 day Sikkim trip and get enchanted by its charm and beauty.
One Week Sikkim Tour – Gangtok – Lachung – Yumthung – Pelling Itinerary
- Day 1 – Bagdogra To Gangtok
- Day 2 – Gangtok Local Sightseeing
- Day 3 – Gangtok To Lachung
- Day 4 – Lachung To Yumthang To Gangtok
- Day 5 – Gangtok To Changu Lake – Nathu La To Baba Mandir To Gangtok
- Day 6 – Gangtok To Pelling
- Day 7 – Pelling To Bagdogra
One week Sikkim Tour Itinerary
Your detailed plan for your north east tour to the least populous state in India which takes you to one of the most beautiful parts of Sikkim will be as follows:
Day 1 – Bagdogra/NJP to Gangtok
Land at the Bagdogra airport in the first half of the day where you will find us waiting for you, with a welcome smile. Settle down in the vehicle and get ready for a scenic drive through beautiful tea-gardens of Bengal before starting your ascent to the hills of Sikkim. Reach your lovely stay in Gangtok by early evening and freshen-up. Then, head out to the MG Marg, unarguably the best places to hang around in Gangtok. Have your dinner at one of the many restaurants lining both sides of MG Marg.
Day 2 – Gangtok Local Tour
There are many places to see in Gangtok, good enough to keep you busy for a full day. So, that is what you will do. You will start for a full day Gangtok tour after breakfast. While on the tour, you will first visit the Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, one of the most historically significant museums in all of Sikkim. From there you will head a little ahead for a rope-way ride to enjoy a bird’s-eye view of Gangtok city.
Over the course of the day, you will visit various impressive monasteries, gardens, and view-points. Some of the most popular places in Gangtok that you will explore will include the Rumtek monastery, the Ranka Monastery, the Banjakri waterfall, Flower Exhibition Center, Hanuman Tok, Ganesh Tok.
Day 3 – Gangtok To Lachung
If quaint & charming villages, waterfalls and gorgeous are your thing, you will love it today. The approximately 5-hour drive from Gangtok to Lachung is one of the most scenic drives in Sikkim. Stop by on the way to soak in the beauty of your surroundings, take pictures or just do nothing. There is no rush today. Having said that, do not exert yourself today as you would be gaining more than 3000 ft today. Take things easy. Evening free to relax.
Day 4 – Lachung To Yumthang Valley To Gangtok
You will step foot to North Sikkim’s most beautiful gem today, the Yumthung valley. The less than a couple of hours drive might be a little bumpy but the gorgeousness of this beautiful place will more than makeup for it. Spend time exploring the beautiful valley and its gorgeous meadows and frothy mountain rivers. Depending upon the time of your visit (Feb-April), you might also find rhododendron flowers carpeting the meadows and the surroundings.
After spending enough time (it will never be enough 🙂 ), start your return journey to Gangtok and reach by evening.
Day 5 – Gangtok To Tsongmo Lake and Baba Mandir
After breakfast, start for the high-altitude Tsomgo lake first. The high-altitude lake falls on the way to Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir and is a must-visit place when in Sikkim. Depending upon which season you are visiting in, you might find the lake partially or fully frozen. If you are not visiting around the winters, you will see the waters of the lake full of fishes.
Today will be a long day but a very interesting one. You will be back in Gangtok only by evening.
Day 6 – Gangtok To Pelling
A small hill-town located at around 7200 ft., Pelling literally is nestled on the foothills of the mighty Mt. Kanchenjunga. The drive from Gangtok to Pelling is a beautiful one but that is not the only nice part of the day. Once there, visit the must-visit place in Pelling such as the Pemayangtse Monastery and Khecheopalri Lake among other waterfalls around.
Evening free to relax.
Day 7 – Pelling To Bagdogra
Start your day at leisure today. Maybe, take a relaxed walk around before slowly pulling yourself into your vehicle for your journey back to Bagdogra. Drive through beautiful valleys of Sikkim and gorgeous tea gardens of Bengal and reach the airport.
Trip ends. Fly out with a lifetime of memories.
- All permits for Indian Nationals as required.
- All Toll Charges.
- A dedicated vehicle with driver cum guide for the entire trip.
- Local guide wherever required.
- Breakfast on all mornings from Day 2 till last day’s check-out.
- Any personal/sanitary/medical expenses.
- Any extension in the number of days staying.
- Food and snacks.
- PAP Fee for non-Indian Passport Holders
- Parking Fee
- Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions section above.
- 5% GST.
Cancellation & Refund
- 50% cancellation charge until 45 days before the start of the trip.
- In case we cancel the trip for any unavoidable reason, we will refund 100% of the payment made to us. We will not be liable to pay any expenses the guest might have incurred (train tickets, flight tickets, etc.) to reach the starting point of the trip, Guwahati airport in this case.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice, based upon the costing of variables of the trip logistics.
- Any govt. fee or Tax paid to us is non-refundable