Ziro Valley in Arunachal Pradesh is one of the best places to visit in North East India if different cultures and tribal lifestyle is what excites you. Surrounded by untouched forests and dotted with lush green paddy fields, this wonderland of a valley is home to one of the most visually stunning tribes of North East India. While Ziro Valley (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) has a lot to offer in terms of nature’s bounties, the tribal culture of the valley is what makes it uniquely different and interesting.
In this one week (7 days trip) to Ziro valley, we take you through the various layers that make what Ziro valley is, one experience at a time.
Ziro Valley tour itinerary
- Day 1 – Tezpur/Jorhat/Guwahati to Itanagar.
- Day 2 – Itanagar to Ziro Valley.
- Day 3 – Exploring Tribal villages of Ziro Valley (Guided tour). Enjoy tribal dance at one of the villages.
- Day 4 – Visit the Ziro valley Shivling, Gurudwara, the local market, handloom emporium.
- Day 5 – Ziro Valley to Itanagar.
- Day 6 – Itanagar to Guwahati.
Detailed Ziro Valley Tour Plan
Day 1 – Tezpur/Jorhat/Guwahati To Itanagar
Day 2 – Itanagar To Ziro Valley
Today, after breakfast, you will drive towards the enchanting Ziro Valley.
The drive through the forests and the mountains is an experience in itself, something that you get to live almost as soon as you leave Itanagar for Ziro Valley.
You will reach Ziro Valley post noon or so. Check in to your stay and head out to soak in the calmness and the beauty of the surroundings.
Picturesque paddy fields, with small granaries dotting them, smiling men, walking around with beautifully crafted daos, smiling aged ladies with their big and unique nose pins, these are some of the first things that are sure to wow you as you try to settle down in the Ziro valley for the next couple of days 🙂 .
Day 3 – Ziro Valley Guided Tour
Today is going to be one of the most exciting days of your Ziro Valley tour. We will be exploring some of the best things to do in Ziro Valley.
We will begin with a guided tour of the Ziro Valley, with a local guide taking you around to explore some of the villages of Ziro Valley.
You will get a first-hand experience of the Apatani tribal lifestyle and will see and meet them, at their homes.
Apart from taking a walking tour of the villages, we might also get a chance to see an Apatani tribal dance performance. Depending upon the season, you can also go for a walk along the beautiful paddy fields of Ziro valley and learn about the unique fish-farming technique of the valley.
The evening will be free for you to wander around the villages of Ziro or, just sit around and relax.
Day 4 – Exploring Best Things to Do In Ziro Valley
While Yesterday was mostly about experiencing the Tribal lifestyle of Ziro Valley and getting lost in nature’s bounty of the valley, today is more about exploring the must-visit places in Ziro Valley.
After breakfast, you will first drive up to the Ziro Valley Shivling and Gurudwara, a revered site that is surrounded by beautiful views all around.
From there, we will drive down to Hapoli, the only town in the Ziro Valley. We will first explore the local market, checking out the local food products that will give you a glimpse into the food habits of the local populace.
You will be surprised to see the amount of food that is directly sourced from nature, as is.
From here, we will head to the Ziro valley arts and crafts center. also known as the handloom emporium. It houses exquisite handwoven textiles, and traditional garments along with many other hand-crafted things, some of which, are great options if you wish to buy some souvenirs.
Be back at your stay after spending as much time as you wish to spend, exploring the above.
Day 5 – Ziro Valley To Itanagar
Start at ease today and post breakfast, start your return journey to Itanagar.
The road that takes you f from Ziro Valley to Itanagar is extremely gorgeous. So, do not hesitate to take as many photo breaks as you want to.
By late afternoon, you will reach Itanagar. If you feel like exploring more, head to the Ita Fort in Itanagar.
Day 6 – Itanagar To
Today is the last day of your time in Arunachal Pradesh, use it to do some last – minute shopping for organic products before you start your return journey to the destination of your choice.
Since Naharlagun, Itanagar’s twin-town is not connected via the Railways, you can also end your journey here if you wish to board the train.
But no matter where you wish to end this Arunachal Pradesh trip of yours, the experiences of this Arunachal Pradesh tour will, for sure, stay with you for a long time 🙂
- All permits as required.
- Dedicated vehicle for the entire stay, from the Guwahati airport and back to the airport.
- Local guide wherever required.
- Accommodation on twin-sharing.
**For non-sharing accommodation, please let us know and we will manage the same.
- Any personal/sanitary/medical expenses.
- Any unplanned extension in the number of days stay.
- Food and snacks.
- Any additional activities while on the trip that you might want to take up.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions section above.
- 5% GST.
Cancellation & Refund
- 50% cancellation charge up till 45 days before the start of the trip.
- In case we cancel the trip for any unavoidable reason, we will refund 100% of the payment made to us. We will not be liable to pay any expenses the guest might have incurred (train tickets, flight tickets, etc.) to reach the starting point of the trip, Guwahati airport in this case.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice, based upon the costing of variables of the trip logistics.