Wildlife tours in North East India are abundant as the region is blessed with some of the best flora and fauna in the country. While wildlife tours in Assam Wildlife Tour To Kaziranga National Park can be done in the form of Kaziranga – Meghalaya tour, Tawang and Kaziranga National Park tours, and tours to the Manas National Park among others, a 10-day Assam – Meghalaya tour is also a great way to explore the wildlife of Assam and the best things to see in Meghalaya.
This 10-day Assam – Meghalaya Tour would take you through the Kaziranga National Park, famous for the one-horned rhinos, and then take you to the deep jungles of the Nameri Wildlife Sanctuary, on the banks of the Jia Bhoreli river. Once you are done exploring the forests of Assam, you will then head to the abode of clouds (and much more), taking one of the most gorgeous routes in the country.
10-Day Assam Meghalaya Tour Itinerary
- Day 1 – Guwahati To Nameri National Park
- Day 2 – Explore Nameri National Park (Jungle Trek & River rafting)
- Day 3 – Nameri – Kaziranga [Jeep Safari. Visit Orchid Park]
- Day 4 – Kaziranga To Shillong [Early morning Elephant Safari]
- Day 5 – Shillong – Cherrapunjee [Waterfalls, viewpoints, and caves on the way]
- Day 6 – Cherrapunjee – Double-decker Living Root Bridge – Cherrapunjee
- Day 7 – Cherrapunjee To Dawki To Mawlynnong [Stay in the village. Local experience, simple but nice & clean homestay]
- Day 8 – Mawlynnong To Shillong
- Day 9 – Shillong Local Tour
- Day 10 – Shillong To Guwahati
1. Guwahati To Nameri National Park
Land in Guwahati by the first half of the day preferably and quickly leave the city, driving on your way to a greener part of Assam. As you drive from Guwahati to Nameri National Park, you pass small towns and Assamese villages on both sides of the highway. Take a break or two, wherever you want, to breathe in the fresh air of North East India. For lunch, don’t miss some authentic Assamese cuisines, the taste of which is sure to leave you asking for more. By early evening, you will reach your jungle camp inside the Nameri National Park. Check in and relax, while listening to the sounds of the jungle.
2. Explore Nameri Wildlife Sanctuary and River Rafting at Nameri
Wake up to a fresh morning and go for a stroll around your campsite. A guided jungle trek in the forests of Nameri is one of the best ways to start your day. After a delightful walk inside the jungle, along with your naturalist, come back for a relaxed breakfast. Then, head out for some adventure at the Jia Bhoreli river, around which Nameri is located. You can go river rafting and be back for a late lunch. Evening free.
3. Nameri To Kaziranga National Park [Jeep Safari in Kaziranga]
After breakfast, say goodbye to the forests of Nameri and head to the Kaziranga National Park, home to the famed one-horned rhinoceros. Reach Kaziranga before noon and head for a Jeep Safari in Kaziranga, to explore the diverse wildlife of the Kaziranga National Park from up close. On the jungle safari, you get the chance to see different species of deer, boars, water buffalos, tuskers, jungle fouls, and different species varieties of birds, including the Hornbill!
After the Jungle safari, time permitting, visit the Kaziranga Orchid park to get a taste of the local culture, among many other exciting things.
4. Kaziranga to Shillong [Elephnat Safari in Kaziranga]
While yesterday’s Jeep safari inside the Kaziranga National Park takes you to the deeper sections of the forest, the early-morning Kaziranga Elephant Safari inside the park gives you the chance to get really close to the inhabitants of the wild. You can get right next to the one-horned rhinos whilst on the back of the elephants. Talk about seeing the animals up close.
After the safari and breakfast, it will be time to start the next leg of your journey. The journey to Meghalaya from Kaziranga National Park. It’s yet another beautiful drive, taking you through Assam’s countryside and then to the higher reaches of Meghalaya. On your way to Shillong, if it’s not dark already, you will stop by the gorgeous Umiam Lake. Otherwise, drive straight to your Khasi homestay, and we will meet the Umiam lake, on our way back.
**Please note that Elephant Safari is purely on a first-come-first-serve basis. While we will try our best to secure the same for you, we do not assure elephant safari. In the rare case where we are not able to secure elephant safari seats.
**Nameri being an eco-reserve, has only the necessary facilities. Your cottage, in all probability, will not have a geyser in the bathroom. Hot water will be provided in buckets.
- A dedicated vehicle with a driver cum guide for the entire trip.
- Accommodation for all nights.
- Breakfast on all days except for day 1.
- 1 x Kaziranga Jeep safari.
- 1 x Kaziranga Elephant safari.
- 1 x Jungle Safari an Nameri
- Local guide wherever required.
- Entry tickets to the national park.
- Meghalaya permits.
- Any personal/sanitary/medical expenses.
- Any extension in the number of days of stay.
- River Rafting charges.
- Food and snacks.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the Inclusions section above.
- Camera entry fee while entering the national park.
- 5% GST
BOOK THIS TOUR